Search This Blog

01 February 2011

Excused Reservation

I've spent the last year focusing on sharing my opinions more frequently and without solicitation. Yet, I still grapple with the concepts of self-promotion and dialogue generation. My pov on self-promotion is that its intent is for self gain. Whereas with dialogue generation you are sharing personal anecdotes to support your opinion thus stimulating conversation among those present. It is a gift with the only intent being that of a continued exchange.
In sharing my opinion in various settings I still limit myself. I govern the back story, summarize the plot or leave out important details.
I find excuses to act with reservation.
Am I just being polite or am I short changing the recipient of my ideas.
Do I decide for them to heed my ideas as credible?
What am I so afraid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment